Registered Massage Therapist
You’re invited to learn about me and my practice as a RMT
And how I can help you.
WELCOME TO MY MASSAGE PRACTICE
Helping people deal with the physical and emotional pain and stress with the therapeutic touch of massage has become one of Gabriela’s greatest pleasures With over 12 years as a RMT, she defines the core of practice as Compassionate Massage which is founded on empathy for the suffering of others and utilizes a wealth of experience in swedish-deep tissue massage that is enhanced by a great appreciation for balancing both clinical western skills with more intuitive, holistic training. Clients can always expect to be listened to, treated with a keen awareness of your body’s ideal pressure to release restrictions and tension, and an empowered sense of self-care. Gabriela also strongly values the osteopathic belief that the body is the best guide on where and how to help client’s heal and that her role is to help the body release what it can not do on its own.
Most recently Gabriela’s studies in Practical Nursing has enhanced her medical knowledge, allowing her to more effectively help clients with various illnesses and health challenges. Her future hopes include expanding her workshops to empower clients in their own ability to give relaxing massages to friends/family
MASSAGE PRACTICE INCLUDES:
- Treating general stress, anxiety, grief and depression
- Physical pain including neck, shoulders and back
- Chronic illness (Digestive, Pulmonary) and palliative care
- Prenatal/ Postnatal Relaxation Massage
- Manual lymph drainage for acute inflammation (ie: recent car accident, post-surgical swelling, sinusitis, inflammatory digestive problems)
This list tries to capture who I feel I can help best. Don’t hesitate to contact me if you are curious whether I can be of help.
Gabriela looks forward to reducing your body’s stress and pain as well as helping you to heal faster so that you can enjoy life with greater ease and happiness.
- Graduate of West Coast College of Massage Therapy (WCCMT) and Registered with CMTBC in 2006
- Continuing education 2006 to present: learn my techniques.
- Vancouver Community College (VCC) 2016: Completed Practical Nursing Program.
- Volunteering with the Lipstick Project 2017 to present.
- Mentoring: with Christine Sutherland – 40 year RMT and co-founder of the Sutherland & Chan RMT school in Ontario.